17 Dec Christmas Punch
(This recipe is courtesy of Well Plated by Erin at https://www.wellplated.com/christmas-punch/)
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 large bag of ice
- 5 cups 100% cranberry juice* — 40 ounces, NOT cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 bottles very dry sparkling wine — (750 ml bottles) , such as champagne, cava, or Prosecco (I used a brut Prosecco)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups diet ginger ale — (12 ounces) (from 1 can or poured from a liter bottle)
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum or brandy — (12 ounces)
- 2 oranges — thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Make sure all of the ingredients are well chilled. Fill a large punch bowl with ice. Top with the cranberry juice, sparkling wine, apple cider, ginger ale, and rum. Stir gently to combine. Top with the orange slices and fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
- *IMPORTANT NOTE ON CRANBERRY JUICE: Look for a juice that is marked 100% cranberry but that has a blend of other juices, usually apple, added (it is confusing! This is the one I used). If you purchase 100% pure cranberry juice without any other fruits used, it may be too tart for your taste. If this happens, you can sweetened the punch to your liking by stirring in 1/4 to 1/2 cup simple syrup.
- Nutritional information assumes no ice melt. Since realistically, some ice will melt into the glasses, the numbers are a bit high for 6 ounces. Feel free to use myfitnesspal.com or another service if you need a more precise estimate.