Getting hurt in a slip and fall accident usually causes serious problems for the injured person, and the medical expenses can cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars. If you do get hurt in a slip and fall accident, your health insurance may cover a certain part, but then it may stop and leave you financially responsible to cover the rest. 

Although these may be hard times for you, there is always a solution. There are a few ways you can manage your medical expenses in these kinds of cases. Read on to find out what you can do.

Medical payments coverage

If you have been in a slip and fall accident, it is possible to ask for medical payment coverage from the property owner where the accident happened. However, don’t think this kind of coverage is mandatory. If you get this kind of coverage, it is only the goodwill of the property owner to protect their public image.

Initial settlement

If your slip and fall accident occurred outside a property where the responsible party doesn’t have the aforementioned coverage, you can try a settlement out of court. This means that you will probably have to agree to a settlement that is less than what your case is actually worth, but the responsible party will pay more than they normally would, too. This may be a good bargain for both parties and will help you pay your medical bills.

Pre-settlement cash advance

If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, then your next step is filing a lawsuit. However, you should know that these kinds of cases may take months and even years to settle. In the meantime, you will need money to cover all your expenses such as rent, mortgage, and, most importantly, medical bills.

Certified Legal Funding is here to offer you lawsuit funding. This type of funding allows you to get your life back on track and pay any expenditures you may have, including medical treatment costs.

Applying for pre-settlement funding has many benefits: it’s easy and you get your money fast. And the best part is that there’s no risk for you because if you don’t win your personal injury case, you don’t pay the lawsuit funding company anything.

In summary, you have several options when it comes to slip and fall accidents. You can ask the property owner to cover your medical expenses, you can ask for an out of court settlement, or you can file a lawsuit and apply for a pre-settlement cash advance.

If your choice is to file a lawsuit, then Certified Legal Funding’s experienced experts are at your service and will help you with your cash advance application. Feel free to contact us on our toll-free number 800 922-7439. We’re here to help!

Call Now
Apply Now