It’s a fact that auto accidents are one of the most common types of work-related accidents. So, if you were injured in a car accident while working, you should be entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim.

As for all other legal claims, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help you with your claim. It is usually very difficult to handle a claim on your own if you’re not familiar with the claim process itself.

Read on and find out what is important when it comes to examining an injured employee’s claim.

Was the accident work-related?

Work-Related Car Accident

Typically, if an employee is injured while performing work-related tasks, they are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.

If you were doing work-related tasks and had a car accident, then your injuries should be considered work-related.

These are some of the examples of work-related tasks: driving the company vehicle for work-related purposes, driving to other worksites, traveling which is paid by your employer, traveling to meet clients, making deliveries, transporting a coworker to a work-related function, driving as part of your job, doing different assignments for your employer.

If a car accident happens while you are traveling to and from work, it might not be considered work-related. However, if you are paid by your employer for your travel time, there is a chance that the accident could be considered work-related.

On the other hand, if you were doing something not related to your work during work hours, you will not be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.

What should you do after the accident?

It’s always important to respond quickly after an accident. The first thing you should do is to call your local law enforcement agency. An officer will prepare a report about the accident.

While at the accident scene, you need to obtain as much information as possible about the other driver, his/her name, insurance information, driver’s license number, and state registration information.

If there are any witnesses around, write down their names and contact information and take photos of the accident scene.

Most importantly, if you were injured or you think you might be injured, seek medical attention immediately and call your employer right away.

Work-Related Car Accident

Can I file a third-party injury claim?

If the other driver was at fault, you may be able to file a third-party injury claim. This means that you seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. If the other driver was doing any of the following, he/she may be responsible for the accident: speeding, distracted driving, not following rules of the road, he/she was under the influence of drugs, alcohol, prescription medication or over-the-counter products.

Can I apply for pre-settlement funding?

The purpose of workers’ compensation is to support employees who were injured while on the job. If you do get injured on the job and hire a lawyer to work your workers’ comp case, you can call CLF and apply for a pre-settlement advance.

If you have become disabled or your income has diminished in any way, then it may be impossible for you to cover all the expenses and still maintain your standard of living. We understand debt collectors do not care if you are injured and can’t work to pay your bills, so waiting until the end of the lawsuit may not be a possibility.

CLF can help you by offering their car accident legal funding. Call us today at 800 922-7439 and our experts will give you all the necessary information, or apply online! Get your money fast with CLF’s pre-settlement cash advances!

Call Now
Apply Now