If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be wondering what your next step should be. A personal injury claim is a legal action taken by the victim to recover damages from the person or company responsible for their injuries.
Here at, we specialize in helping victims regain their financial freedom while waiting for the settlement money. In this blog post, we will discuss five of the most common types of personal injury claims, as well as how they can affect the victim’s life. We will also compare pre-settlement funding and bank loans.
What is a personal injury?
A personal injury is a legal term for an injury to the body, mind, or emotions. The term “personal injury” can also refer to damage to property. Personal injuries can be caused by car accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, defective products, medical malpractice, and more.
Most common types of personal injury
There are five main types of personal injury claims:
1. Car Accidents: Car accidents are the leading cause of personal injury claims in the United States. If you’ve been involved in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company to recover damages.
2. Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, at any time. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to file a claim against the property owner or manager to recover damages.
3. Workplace Accidents: Workplace accidents can occur in any type of job, from construction work to office work. If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to file a claim against your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance to recover damages.
4. Defective Products: If you’ve been injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer or seller of the product to recover damages.
5. Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to provide proper medical care, resulting in injury or death. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, you may be able to file a claim against the responsible party to recover damages.
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, it’s important to know that you have options. Pre-settlement funding is a type of funding that can give you the money you need to pay for your medical expenses and bills while you wait for your case to settle. Bank loans are another option, but they often come with high-interest rates and fees.
Contact us today
At Certified Legal Funding, we understand the financial challenges that come with being injured in an accident. We offer pre-settlement funding to help you pay your bills and get the money you need to get back on your feet. To learn more about our services, or to apply for pre-settlement funding, contact us today.